Thursday, January 31, 2008

OK, promissed you a step by step of my LO in progress, so here it is:
This is where I started:

Then I created a journaling spot by painting a cake "thingy" (sorry, no idea what they are called) brown and stamped a journaling cirkel on it:

I decided that the background was to "dull" and changed it for corded cardboard:
Added some buttons to the flowers:
Wrote my journaling on the journaling spot using a white pen and thought it would be nice to ad a little strip of paper on the left site of the picture and use a stamp on the upper left corner.
Was a little nervous about that because I was afraid the stamp would work out differently on the paper and the picutere. But then I thought, well... the worst thing that can happen is that I will have to print out my picture again, so I just tried and liked the result:
Added thread to the flowers and buttons and adhered them on the LO using glue dots (they are the best for adhering flowers and buttons!!!):
Decided which letters to use for my title and painted them white:
Finally I distressed the edges of the cardboard:
And this is the final result:
BTW The title "een nieuw petje" means "a new hat"
Don't you just love these Prima supplies??? I do!!
Yesterday evenig at my crop I made this LO for OLW. Actually it was not done when the crop was but I was not tired at all and my head was still full of scrapbooking so I kept scrapping untill the LO was finished, which was at 0.45 a.m. ....and then I still couldn't sleep. But hey, my LO was done! :)
The word this week is Create: To cause to exist; bring into being; To give rise to; produce; To invest with an office or title; To produce through artistic or imaginative effort.
The title of my LO is: "Your smile creates love in my heart"
Wish I had the time to play along every time! Love these challenges!
Thanks again for stopping by, hope you enjoyed the step by step!
It's almost weekend, have a nice one!!
Birgit

Labels: , , ,

36 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Reed said...

Totally gorgeous!!! The pics of your layouts too are incredible! Love the colors and designs.

Smiles,
Wendy

Ps... Yeah it has been a long time! :) Hugs!

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Margriet Tournier said...

Birgit, as usual, I love the layouts, pictures and colors you've used! And I also like 'het petje'. Great idea to paint the cake'thingy'.

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Fauve Design said...

SO nice to see the layout change,its gorgeous!And your OLW title is so perfect!Perfect word for a perfect layout,you are the best!

p.s.SOrry about The Buzz :(

1:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow love your LO's!!! amazing :D

3:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

both layouts are beautiful! I loved to see your step by step :)
can't wait for some rest in the weekend...

3:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Close to perfection.
Love the layouts and the step by step guide.

3:08 PM

 
Blogger Marjolein said...

Wow... I love this, great to see a step-by-step, and that layout.... gorgeous, the colors are so great together and those flowers.. yummie!

The Create layout.... love it!! Do you mind if I put both of them in my inspiration map??

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Scrappermania said...

OMG! This is beautiful!!!!

5:42 PM

 
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

gorgeous layouts. Great step by step instructions. Love it!

10:38 PM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

both are so lovely, especially the cake doily (?)with that fab stamped image on it.

11:22 PM

 
Blogger Janique de Suisse said...

2 beautiful LO's, I love them !!

12:21 AM

 
Blogger Janine Langer said...

Thanks for the step-by-step, very interesting!! :)
And both layouts are again so beautiful. Have a great weekend!

12:33 AM

 
Blogger jana said...

wow! your layouts are so wonderful !

1:09 AM

 
Blogger R said...

Supergave layouts Birgit! Wauw!!!

1:18 AM

 
Blogger M@risk@ said...

Gorgeous layouts and love the step by step pics of your work and the choice of color is great. Saw the Maud layouts already in CmF, bright colors and a wonderful memories for your daughter.

1:31 AM

 
Blogger Lilian Schneider said...

Birgit, I love that carboard background, it's much better!

Great take on the OLW challenge too.

4:11 AM

 
Blogger Karola Witczak said...

OMG! Girl, You are fantastik! Great layout as usual! And the "petje" is very inspire for me, great idea with carboard background! I use cake 'thingy'too! I sew name for these - "doilies". Hugs!

4:34 AM

 
Blogger Petra said...

Geweldige layouts Birgit. De ribbelkarton achtergrond staat inderdaad mooier. Stoerder! En je bijdrage aan de CmF is ook super.
Fijn weekend!

5:05 AM

 
Blogger maz said...

Love this LO_ colours totally perfect. Notice you have a HS:MS button- haven't seen you there? Are you gonna play soon?(and thanks for visiting me:-)

7:42 AM

 
Blogger Lynn said...

absolutely gorgeous layouts! Love what you did with the word create and that picture is adorable!

LYnn
OLW

8:39 AM

 
Blogger rev said...

beautiful step by step for such an awesome design. love that cake thingie :D

and she's gorgeous!! and the little peanut also :D

beautiful layout, love that title!!
xoxo

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Ingrid said...

Both layouts are gorgeous. You're such a great talent! Thanks for sharing the step-by-step process.

11:03 AM

 
Blogger Moniqui said...

Awesome layouts! Je hebt zo'n goed gevoel voor kleur,super!
hugs,MOnique

11:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, these two layouts are breathtaking again!! I am totally in love with those colors! So fun how you captured the process!

1:02 PM

 
Blogger Essie said...

Oo I just love the LO. So great.
Love, es

12:35 AM

 
Blogger Mireille said...

totally beautiful!!!
love your layout and step by step instructions!

12:36 AM

 
Blogger Iris said...

Helemaal super!!!

5:26 AM

 
Blogger Je@net said...

What a great idea! Just love to see the building up of this beautiful layout!!
The other one is gorgeous too!!

9:35 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wat een gave lo heb je in gestuurd voor OLW!! En die andere is ook helemaal geweldig!!

5:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous LO-it's just perfect!

10:22 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

your OLW layout is just gorgeous and the other one is fantastic!!

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Ilona said...

Wauw, allebei weer erg mooi, vooral de 2e vind ik super! En die cake-dingetjes ben ik niet zo weg van, maar zo geverfd zijn ze stukken leuker!

1:25 AM

 
Blogger linda loe said...

He alweer gefelicteerd heb je met de LO van SIS ook bij OLW gewonnen geweldig

11:10 AM

 
Blogger janalee said...

Congratulations on your OLW win :)
Also, what a great idea to post pics of your LO 'petje' as you put it together. Fascinating!

11:35 AM

 
Blogger Scrappermania said...

Congratulations!!! On your OLW win!!!

12:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you for sharing. And congrats on the win.

1:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home