Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Still no camera, still no pictures back. Looks like my harddisk is gone forever.
I'm considering buying the Canon 400D in stead of sending my 300D out for reparation...Reparement will cost about 150 euro's. My camera is 3 years old and I made almost 20.000 pictures so a new, little more advanced camera might be a better option.... What would you do?
(****edited***** Yay!! just ordered my new 400D and it's arriving tomorrow :))

Arrgghh, and as if this is not enough for a bad start of the year I had to go to the doctor last week because of really heavy pain in my right chest, which made even my arm, back and shoulder hurt with every breath I took. It was really painful and a bit scary too! Found out I'm having Tiezes Syndrome. I had never heard of it. This is what I found about it on the internet:

Your ribs attach to a large bone in the center of your chest in the front. To help you breathe in, your muscles raise your rib cage and to help you breathe out, they relax and let your ribs drop. Therefore, your ribs form a movable joint where they attach to your chest bone. It is common for people to get arthritis (or in my case an infection) in these joints which hurts particularly when they breathe. Tietze's syndrome usually goes away in a few weeks or months with no treatment. However, you can block the pain with arthritis medication or take a xylocaine injection into the painful joints.

So I got painkillers and hope it will only take a few weeks in stead of months!!

The last couple of days I've been working on an assignment for Creatief met foto's.
Alice was so kind to let me use her camera so I could make some sneak peeks!

That's it for now, thanks for stopping by!
Have a nice week!
Birgit

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger anita said...

oh no, i hope your chest gets better soon :(it's not been a good start to the year for you :(
such a shame your camera repair will cost so much, tho like i said ours ended up costing less than the quote. love all the sneak peaks!!!
anita
x

6:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well that sucks, hope you feel better soon! go for the new camera :) and love the sneaks!

corinnexxx

6:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like your sneak peeks!
Never heard of the syndrome either, sounds like really painful, hope you feel better soon!
Difficult decision about the camera. Buying something new is always good to feel better ;)

Take care, Astrid

7:32 AM

 
Blogger Fauve Design said...

I just got the 400D and i am SO happy with it!Seriously girl,no doubts there :D

8:11 AM

 
Blogger Janine Langer said...

Oh, that sucks! Get well soon!
Love the sneaks, looking forward seeing all of it!

8:23 AM

 
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

Oh I'm so sorry for you - I hope you are feeling bad soon!!!!

9:09 AM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

ohh, noo!! so sorry for you. hope you get well soon!!
i'm looking forward to see all the pictures taken with your new camera!!
love all the sneakies here!!

10:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm maby I should visit a doctor too...I am having similar pains for a couple of weeks on and of...on my right side. I hope you will do better soon! Take care and the 400d is a GOOD decision :D xoxo

1:03 PM

 
Blogger Essie said...

o, you just have very bad luck in this new year. Hope you;re feeling better really soon! And what a great idea to just buy a new camera. Wouw! I'm sure you'll make some great picz with it. Love, es

12:38 AM

 
Blogger Je@net said...

Beterschap meis! En je sneaks zien er super uit!!

1:50 AM

 
Blogger scrappy jen d said...

Lieve Birgit,

Ik moest vandaag in Winsum zijn en ik dacht direkt aan jou!
Jee......Wat een slechte start voor je!

Ik hoop van ganser harte, dat je snel van de pijn af bent!
Wat zul je geschrokken zijn! Ik wens je van harte beterschap en tot ziens,

Lieve scrap-groetjes, Jenny.

12:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik wens je veel beterschap. het lijkt me een pijnlijk syndroom en ik hoop dat je er snel vanaf bent. je voorproefjes zien er weer prachtig uit. Ik vind je kleurgebruik altijd zo mooi en soms zo subtiel. Ik kijk uit naar het magazine.
Veel plezier met je nieuwe camera.

2:09 PM

 
Blogger Marjolein said...

Hey, how's your new camera??? Did it arrive today?? I sure hope so!

That doesn't sound so good, that syndrom...Hopefully the painkillers will help to ease the pain?
And the sneaks....ok, I understand you can't show the whole project now, but hey... you know I love bright colors don't you?... How long do I have to wait? (can't even buy the CmF here.... wehee)

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Charlotte said...

Oh my Birgit... this is a really bad start of the year.
Hope you and your new camera became friends now and I also hope your painkillers will help get rid of the pain... Big hug from Fryslan!

2:21 AM

 
Blogger Charlotte said...

BTW: The sneaks look awesome!

2:21 AM

 
Blogger bonnette said...

It will go away, Tiezes Syndrom ...
I had it too, it is scary but will not last!!!
400D GOOD choice :-)

3:13 AM

 
Blogger Mireille said...

YAY! for the cam and ARGH! for your physical condition. Hope the meds work fast and you start to feel better. LOVE the sneaks!
YOU ROCK!

5:49 AM

 
Blogger Veerle - A colored mind said...

Het Tietze's syndroom...ken ik...hebben we nog heel hard om gelachen met mijn tante toen ze het had. En dan vooral om de naam en de plaats waar ze pijn had ;-))
voor de rest niet natuurlijk want de pijn was blijkbaar ook de moeite bij haar.

11:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home