Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Oh my goodness... it's been almost 2 weeks since the last time I blogged!
And what have I been doing all that time???

Well, on december 5th we celebrated Sinterklaas ofcourse. I started really early that day. I helped get Sinterklaas and his helpers ready for school and therefore had to be at the teachers house at 7 a.m. Then I went to school where Erik, Lennart and Marlijn were already waiting for Sinterklaas to arrive. I stayed at school with Marlijn to celebrate until 10 a.m.. Then school was out for her and we went home. During dinner Sinterklaas' big sac arrived and the 5 of us had a wonderful and fun evening. I think the best gift was the one Erik got from Lennart... a X-mas tie *LOL* it has Santa and reindeers on it and if you squees it it plays a x-mas song. Anne was ROFL, she was actually crying and just couldn't stop, hehehe. Can't wait until x-mas day when I will make Erik wear it! He ows that to his son who did such a great job finding his dad such a thoughtful gift!!


birthday of 3 of his cousins too. They all have their birthdayMarlijn is showing Sinterklaas how good she can climb and what a good helper she could be!

Friday, december 7, was Lennarts birthday. He turned 12! Ouch, somehow that makes me feel older then being 40!
We had a nice day with part of the family and some friends.
The other part of the family we met on sunday at an indoor playground/restaurant to celebrate not only Lennarts birthday but also the birthdays of 3 of his cousins who are all celebrating their birthdays within one week so it's easier to meet up somewhere and have a fun day together.



Four cousins celebrating a special day!



Yesterday after school we went to my mom who was also celebrating her birthday! Yep I know.... al lot of birthdays.... and we have another one next week, then X-mas and after that we will need a good, quiet and relaxing vacation... it's a good thing we'll have that :)!

I've finished some LO's for CMF and for Scrapfun and I've also been working on a really fun project! Love how it turned out. Unfortunatly I can't show or tell anything about it, not even which magazine it's for. The only thing I can tell is that I used the gorgeous Noteworthy line from Making Memories and a needle :)

A long time ago someone asked me to show some picture of my house, I think it was not to long after we moved, so a really long time ago. This last few days I had the possibility to use a camera with a wide angle lens so I finally made some pictures of my living room. As you can see, my favorite scrapbooking color is also the favorite color in my house :)







My home made notice board, I bought a big mirror with a nice silver painte frame at Xenos, took out the mirror (used that in another way), painted a piece of softboard and put that in the frame. Easy but with a great result!

My Secret Santa present arrived and the packages are lying here, staring at me and I'm not allowed to open them before X-mas morning. I'm not sure I can wait that long! I have to admit I did some shaking and squeezing but I haven't got a clue what's in there.






Yesterday we got our X-mas tree and this morning I took it inside. While Marlijn was in school this afternoon I put in the lights so when she came home she could start decorating right away. We listened to a X-mas CD and had a lot of fun! Marlijn takes her job sooo serious and really enjoyes this!







I know the pictures are not completly sharp but I didn´t want to use the flash light. I love the warm feel of the orange light!

Well, that's about what I did the last 2 weeks! Hope you had fun too :)
I'm cropping tomorrow, looking forward to do some scrapbooking just for fun!

BTW, talking about scrapbooking... The Buzz's website is updated! You can now see who will be teaching and what the workshops are. Click on the Buzz button on the right, go to Get Buzzin', choose your language and click on "meet the teachers" and "workshop info" to read all about it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Birgit

11 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

Wow... you've been busy girl! I love the look of your livingroom! It's really ZEN! Great with the greens in it!

And those Secret Santa presents look good! I can't wait to open mine also... just wait for 2 more weeks... :S

Take it easy Birgit (LOL)!

3:25 AM

 
Blogger sollie said...

Marlijn looks so beautiful in the orange light of the tree.

4:31 AM

 
Blogger Janine Langer said...

Beautiful pictures! And our living room colors are nearly the same. :)

Wish you a great week!

6:38 AM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

love to see your house. what a wonderful living room!! and the pictures?? fantastic - also without flashlight!!

9:23 AM

 
Blogger rev said...

gorgeous pictures Birgit, and your livingroom is sooo beautiful! wow. Love the color :D.
totally love the clipboard. cool idea!
xoxo

10:33 AM

 
Blogger Essie said...

You have been busy. What a lot of stuff to write about. Love the picts of your home. Love, es

12:20 AM

 
Blogger M@risk@ said...

Look at your livingroom, what a wonderful place to relax. Love the idea of your memo board. The pictures of Marlijn look gorgeous without flashlight, it gives a special touch which perfectly fit with this. About the SS gifts, I'll put mine away in a drawer, so no temptation right now. Only 12 days to go (LOL).

12:39 AM

 
Blogger Mirjam said...

Great notice board, absolutely beautiful pictures of Merlijn!!
BTW loved your layout in CMF!

3:41 AM

 
Blogger Natasja Cats - Verbeek said...

love the clipboard, great idea!
and the pictures look just great!

9:18 AM

 
Blogger Je@net said...

Zooo, lekker druk geweest Birgit!!
Wat een prachtige foto's van Marlijn bij de Kerstboom!
En wat een gaaf idee van dat prikbord, ziet er echt super uit joh!!
Alvast een fijn weekend gewenst!!

9:32 AM

 
Anonymous rebecca beatrice miller said...

Thannk you for sharing

4:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home