Monday, May 29, 2006

Get inspired!

I've been camping... that's right... 4 days of rain on a row! I hate rain and I hate it even more when I'm camping.
We left on wednesday to a campingplace near the place where my in laws live. DD was invited by my BIL to come to a concert of a dutch singer she likes (Jan Smit) on thursday.

Besides that it was near Veghel where "De Creatie" (a stamping and scrapbook store) is and they organised a make-and-take and demo-day on saturday. As a member of their Inspiration Team I was doing a demonstration there. They also launched their first Get Inspired! Kit and I think it's going to be a big succes.
I demonstrated how to make nice titles and embellishments using chipboard, stamps and UTEE. Here a little example of the flowers I made:




The LO and the coaster-duo I made as examples for the kit.




Anne and Lennart actually found a bottle on the beach with a note saying "help me, I'm on a desserted Island" to bad there was no name on it to answer...





And while we were away Lennarts baby birds have grown and started to look just a little more like birds now. I think they are getting very cute now! He now also has a little baby finch!




Last week I've also been working on the LO's for the Scrap-club DT using the june-kit.
The first one is a picture of Anne made almost 10 years ago. It was in my regular photo album since I wasn't scrapping back then but it is one of my favorites of that time so I decided to get an extra print and still scrap it.


Journaling says:
Your life is a journey with dreams to pursue,
discovering what really matters to you,
for dreams are the voice of your wisdom within
that whispers the way on each path you begin...

so whether you dream of true love or success,
of knowledge, or sharing the gifts you possess,
believe in your hopes, for as strange as it seems,
your heart will find home if you follow your dreams.




The next one is just a quick and simple one using a picture of Lennart about 5 years ago. No story to tell, just a picture i love... I thought the picture and the big title din't need much more.



The third LO using the kit is in Dutch. A little conversation I had with my daughter a few weeks ago when she got home from school:
Anne: Mama, ik ben zó gelukkig!
Ik: Dat is fijn, maar hoezo dan?Anne: Omdat ik zonder jas ging fietsen en ik kreeg het helemaal niet koud!
(Anne: Mommy I'm sooo happy!
Me: That's great to hear, how come?
Anne: I just rode my bike without my coat on and I didn't get cold!)
It made me realize I'm not the only one that's desperate for some sun after a long, cold and wet winter...



The last LO I want to share today is one I made for an ad-challenge on 2Peas.
I love these kind of challenges, wish I had more time to do them!
I really like simple and clean LO's but while I'm working I always find myself adding things, I have a hard time to keep a LO really simple. Working with an ad like this keeps me from adding more and more, even though I still added a little :) PP is the beautiful new CherryArte.
I'm very pleased with the result!

This is the ad...

and here's my take on it:



Thought this was a funny subject to scrap. Normally people just talk about bad-hair-days but after my SIL did Marlijn's hair like this I thought it was a really good-hair-day :)

That's it for now, TFL!
Birgit

7 Comments:

Blogger D@nielle said...

wow you have been busy. Love the new projects and the baby birdies, thank god they are getting some feathers they looked so naked...
Well you will have to tell me how that utee works sometime !
grts, D@nielle
ps. I have the same thing with C&S pages, I keep thinking I forgot something that maybe it's not finished yet.

11:11 AM

 
Blogger rev said...

Wow Birgit, you've made some awesome lo's!! Love all of it. So beautiful. The pics, the journaling (the story about your little girls cracks me up!). Love your twist on the ad challenge, really awesome one!!
Grz
Rev

11:35 AM

 
Blogger corinne5 said...

loved your technique even tried it out right after I got home.......still have to practice some more, lol! great lo's and projects! and the birds.....iek!

corinnexxx

1:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC LO's!!! Love the birdie pics!

3:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Birgit,

After a lengthy absence from the blogging scene, I'm back, catching up on all that I have missed. Such a shame I didn't know you were going to be at de-creatie, I would have love making your acquaintance. Well, beter luck next time.

Love your layouts, as usual. My favourite, however, has got to be A Journey. Anne is so precious in the photograph. But I think it's the journaling that did it for me.

Anyways, it's great to be back online again. Have a nice weekend.

Sophie

2:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pfff camping and lots of rain, thats no fun!
love all youre layouts! they are great!! and the baby birdie is very cute!

4:20 AM

 
Blogger Karen (Cupcake) Carter said...

Hi sweetie! Sorry your camping trip got rained on. I see it didn't melt your mojo. You are always posting something fabulous and inspiring. By the way, i love Marlijn's hair braided. So pretty!!
Have a great day! K

9:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home