Thursday, May 11, 2006

Time flies!

Gosh, time is flying these days! One moment I'm packing for a week spring vacation the next it's thirsday 2 weeks later... I'm getting a little nervous now, before I know it it will be august 1th. and we'll be moving house. So much to be done before that!

About our vacation.
It's a long tradition that we go on a spring break with my entire family in law. Ever since Erik and I started dating (1986!) and even before that.
The amount of familymembers might have grown by the years, the concept is always the same. We rent a big family house somewhere in the Netherlands and come together for a great week of fun, eating, drinking, relaxing.
We're 19 people by now of wich 8 children under 12 years.
Most of the time when I tell people about it they start screaming... 19 people???? ONE house??? a whole week??? and it works???? Yes, it works. Everybody is free to do what he wants and becouse we're so many there's almost always someone who likes to do the same as you do. They girls go shopping, the men go navigating, the kids go swimming (with grandma :))
There's only one problem... the weeks just to short!
So here just a few pictures of our lovely week.







From my vacation adress I went to Belgium. I was asked to come and demonstrate at a local Craft store in Kortrijk near the French border. I had been there last year and looked forward to go there again. I arrived on friday at about 2 p.m. and had time to finish some scrapping that needed to be done before monday. I met a lovely lady from England who was demonstrating sizzix and saw a lot of people I met last year. There was taken really good care of us and all the other women (there were 10 demonstrations) and I had a great weekend. I arrived back home on sunday evening at about 10 p.m. after a 4,5 hours drive.

Something else I'm very very happy about is the weather. As I mentioned before I'm more the kind of summer person. I love sun. And I finally got it! The sun is shining for days now and the temperature in the afternoon is around 23*C. It just has to rise a few degrees and it will be perfect!

Finally I would like to share my 2 latest LO's.

On the first picture my kids with all their cousins. The picture was made last week during our spring break.
On the second one my youngest DD Marlijn when she was only 7 month old. The picture was taken 3 years ago around this time. We then had just as nice weather as now and we went camping for a weekend. Erik made her a little bed to use in the caravan but it could also stay outside where we put it because it was to warm inside.




5 Comments:

Blogger rev said...

Wowza!! Birgit, your lo's look sooo amazing!! and I truly wish I had a family or inlaws like that :) Enjoy them every minute, you've an awesome family!! Really something to cherish!
Grz
Revlie

10:52 AM

 
Blogger corinne5 said...

it looks like you all had such a great time! love your new lo's!
see you soon!

corinnexxx

10:18 PM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

hey Birgit, so happy to read an update on your blog (LOL) You really sound busy .... That spring break sounds like fun and we do something like that each year with friends, a smaller group a shorter timeperiod but the same concept and always fun ! Good luck on the packing and I really thing that photo of the cousins is soo cool & the Lo's are cute as always !
grts, D@nielle

3:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh... those pics are the cutest and I LOVE your layouts!! Incredibly beautiful.

Smiles,
Wendy

11:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely LOVE the picture of Marlijn her cousin and the ice-cream.

hope to see you soon again

Brigitta

5:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home