Monday, May 15, 2006

Birth announcement

Today my son Lennart's parakeet couple had their first baby. Can you imagine how thrilled he is!!?? He called it Pidgie. Lennart's been waiting for this for weeks ever since he made them a nest box. It's amazing that such an ugly naked little thing is going to be a beautiful parakeet. There are two more eggs so hopefully at the end of this week there'll be a happy family of five :)
His canaries and little finches are also having eggs so I'm crossing my fingers for my DS that they're all coming out. I'll let you know!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is SO neat!!!!!!

8:34 AM

 
Blogger corinne5 said...

what adorable!!!!

corinnexxx

10:24 AM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

Oh that is so cute I hope all goes well with the other 2 !
grts, D@nielle

11:04 AM

 
Blogger rev said...

hahaha, that sure is a ugly little thing LOL. But It'll be pretty soon :) Hope the other eggs will come out! Cool! don't you have a lot of birdies than??
Grz
Rev

12:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eak! They are ugly little things eh? But they turn out so beautiful!

Smiles,
Wendy

11:01 PM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

had some parakeets myself and believe me , within a week or 2 you can't imagine they were that ugly!

8:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, they look a little ugly now. we have a bird nest in the top of my topiary plant(they have laid eggs there 3 years in a row) I think it's so cool for kids to see stuff like this. we had a big bird aviary when we were kids. parakeets, love birds, and cockateels(sp?)

10:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home