Thursday, October 05, 2006

Going freestyle!

Today I went to Lelystad to do Elsie's Challenge at Scrapboek.nl
I didn't really know what to expect and if I would like it at all... I'm not a freestyler, really, but I thought this would be a change to learn to loosen up a little. I'm the long thinking, re-thinking, re-re-thinking kind of scrapbooker. I don't glue anything until the whole page is ready and I'm totaly happy with the result.
So today really was a challenge for me. We had to take pictures and song lyrics to go along with them to create an 8x8 album.
Now these 2 black pages where lying in front of me and Corinne, who was also there, told me I was not supposed to think, just do... and quick! So I just took 2 pieces of fabric, layered my photo's over them, took a handfull of buttons and literaly threw them on my page, wrote and cut out my song lyrics, et voilà, done! That's all!
And it is so much FUN!! not to think, just create!



I know this is not "my style"' and I'm probably not going to do a lot of LO's this way, but it might change my way of scrapbooking a little. And I promissed myself I'm gonna complete this album in Elsie style!
Not only the workshop was fun, it was also fun to meet Corinne again and it was nice to finaly meet Revlie and Florence IRL! We had a great time making pictures of eachother in front of a graffity wall. They turned out really great with all the bright colors. Will post some tomorrow as I need Corinne to e-mail me some.
Of course we did a little shopping afterwards and then we had a nice lunch with a couple of girls before we all went home.
So I can only say: I had a great day!!

Birgit

7 Comments:

Blogger D@nielle said...

So impressed with your LO ! I don't know if I could loosen up a little, but I'd like to try sometime. I saw the photo's on Corinne's blog, so cool, wish I could have joined you guys !

1:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was sooo great to meet you - had so much fun with you! Love what you did during the WS!

2:24 PM

 
Blogger corinne5 said...

I loved this day too birgit. I will be posting a photo album on my weblog today where you can get the pics of, saves me emailing them hahahaha! I love this freestyle spread so much!!!

corinnexxx

10:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your LO! Wish i could followed that workshop, sounds like it was really fun. But I already did the other WS, you can't have it all. Bye Astrid

12:24 AM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

yes, really!! it was so much fun to meet you all!! love your LO!!

12:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your layout is great, love the pictures of you daughter, what a lovely girl she is!
It was nice meeting you!

1:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gr8 LO you did during the WS - LOVE it and loved Elsies class ... fun fun fun :)

2:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home