Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I know... I've been a bad, bad blogger! More than a week since my last post! So it's about time to update a little. Lat weekend I've been demonstrating at the KKD at Kars in Ochten. I had a wonderful time! I was asked to demonstrate with Prima products... well, haha, of course I said YES! I just love their products!
It were 2 days of fun, laughter and a lot of talking. I was sitting between my friends Bonnette on my right and Corinne on my left and in front of Tim Holtz. Not that I saw a lot of him though... There was a constant crowd of women around his table and the fist glimps I got from him was around 3 p.m. on sunday, hehe! But hey, who can you blame. The man makes great stuff so I can imagine everybody wants to have a look at his demo.
Met a lot of people I know, people I only knew from their blogs so far like Nili (so fun to meet her!) and new people!! I had a nice dinner with Corinne and Tanya on sunday evneing and a meeting with Kirsten from CmF on monday evening. So it was a busy but good weekend!!
Here's one of the projects I made for the demonstration. The frame was painted white when I bought it. I covered it with Prima paper, then stamped around the edges and added the flowers. Everything is Prima except for the text-plate (Deja-Views) and the diamonds (Make Me).
Used real screws to attache the little plate.
I returned home yesterday and I was hardly in or the postman came with a box from the US! It was my price for winning OLW! Gina from Sweet Spuds send me an awesome kit with paper, chipboard, letters and lots of fun little goodies! Can't wait to start creating with that!
Oh, and I have a fun little story I want to share :)
The sunday before last my parents in law visited us and they took the 3 children from my sister in law along since they were babysitting them. The next day Marlijn (who is 5! years old) spend lunch at my mom's house because Erik and I had to go to the funeral. She told my mom about her other grandparents and cousins visit the day before. They had the following little conversation:
Marlijn: Grandma Marry and grandpa Reijer came to visit us yesterday and they brought Jorik and Nienke with them because aunt Hellen and uncle Koen went away for the weekend...
My mom: Oh, how fun! and Stijn? did they bring Stijn along too?
Marlijn (quit annoyed): Well, yes... of course they brought Stijn!! The boy is only 4 years old! You can't leave a child like that home alone, can you!!??
Haha, she's a little smarty-pants and she crackes me up!!
I have to scrap that! Not sure yet how I'm going to do that, but I will!
That's it for now!
Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Thanks for stopping by!
Birgit

23 Comments:

Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

totally love the frame. HOw cool you got to see Tim. Must have been an awesoem experience!

6:09 AM

 
Blogger Tessa Tegendraads said...

Hai Birgit, het was leuk je weer even te zien in Ochten! Je had echt weer kei-gave dingen gemaakt!!

Groetjes van Tessa

6:40 AM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

wow mooi prijzenpakket zeg ! wat had je weer mooie dingen gemaakt zeg !

1:09 PM

 
Blogger Marjolein said...

What a great frame, love it, I wish we could get more of Prima here.... it's very hard, unfortunately!!! And the price from OLW is awesome, you're going to have lots of fun with that!!

4:26 PM

 
Blogger Janine Langer said...

The frame is stunning, so beautiful!
And the kit looks great, can't wait to see what you will do with it, actually the perfect kit to scrap the cute story about Marlijn! :)

1:47 AM

 
Blogger M@risk@ said...

Het frame ziet er prachtig uit. Dat moet heel gezellig zijn geweest bij Kars en super om te demonstreren met Prima produkten.

7:52 AM

 
Blogger Essie said...

Your not a bad blogger.
You're just a very busy woman/ mother/ wife/ scrapper/ blogger/ .......(do I need to keep going??)

Love your new LO.
Have a great weekend

Love, es

7:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made a lovely frame. And wow, do I love your kit. I love Scenic Route and there's a lot of it in it. Enjoy it!

Groeten, Joke

9:55 AM

 
Blogger ~Nancy~ said...

You bad bad blogger.. whahaha!! Sounds like you've had a busy week!!! And demonstrating with Prima products.. such a punishment.. whahaha!! Love the cute conversation of your little girl.. awww.. XOXO

12:22 PM

 
Blogger Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Wat gaaf zeg die demo! Je frame is echt helemaal super! En je prijzenpakket is ook yummie!!!!

1:08 PM

 
Blogger Ilona said...

Hoi Birgit, leuk je in het echt gezien te hebben in Ochten (was er samen met Tessa) Zag thuis pas op je kaartje waar je woont. Wat een klein wereldje, ik heb ik Warffum gewoond ;-) Gave dingen had je gemaakt met de primaspullen. Vooral die paintables had je cool gebruikt. Ben bang dat ik ze nu toch ook wil gebruiken, bedankt voor de inspiratie!

2:22 PM

 
Blogger Miranda said...

Oh jeetje wat mooi gedaan zeg!!!
Ziet er super uit!!

12:28 PM

 
Blogger R said...

Wat een gave prijs zeg! En je frame is echt mooi geworden!!! Enne je bent helemaal geen slechte blogger, als iemand dat is, dan ben ik dat wel ;-) (lol)

12:49 AM

 
Blogger sollie said...

Hahaha, leuke conversatie van je dochter en wat een leuk kadertje!!
groetjes Isolde

1:09 AM

 
Blogger Ellen, said...

Ow wat een héérlijk (maar druk) weekend moet dat geweest zijn en wat een ontzettend mooie kit heb je gewonnen :)
Het allermooist deze keer vind ik toch de dialoog tussen Marlijn en haar Oma.
Wat een schitterende herinnering!!

BTW je frame is super, de schroefjes helemaal fab!!

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Alice said...

Tim Holtz? From now on he's in my favorites!!

Leuk om daar weer een site aan toe te voegen. Woensdagmorgen horen we vast meer over hem :).

Groeten Alice

12:57 PM

 
Blogger Lilian Schneider said...

That frame is sooo gorgeous!

3:06 AM

 
Blogger (Favvis)Maria said...

Really nice things you make! And it´s always fun to get new scrap-things! Have a nice day!

1:36 AM

 
Blogger Charlotte said...

Woohoo... beautiful frame Birgit! And so cool you won the OLW-challenge! :) The prize looks amazing!

BTW: good to hear I'm not the only bad blogger in the world... ;)

3:25 AM

 
Blogger Je@net said...

Oooh, wat gaaf geworden Birgit! Super, dat frame!!

8:50 AM

 
Blogger Monique Helfrich said...

WOW Birgit, what a wonderful Prima project and good to read you had a great weekend at Kars (looks like a very inspiring weekend to me). Wish you fun playing with the OLW goodies!

9:18 AM

 
Blogger Mireille said...

love your awesome frame
Too bad I didnt get to meet you in person...
one day I hope =)
Love your prize!

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Scrappermania said...

Love love your frame!!! The price is awesome!

8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home