Saturday, March 10, 2007

a lot to share...

I didn't have much time last week to update so now I've got a lot to share!
First of all the LO's made with the wonderful
scrap-club kit. I had so much fun with this kit!
At least I made a few LO's about Lennart again. He's not so keen on having his picture taken so I don't have that much nice ones of him but I really like these. The first LO is about his favourite way to dress, wich is as comfortable as possible! As soon as he comes home from school he changes into track-suit and he loves to wear a cap so he doesn't have to "do' his hair :)




The next LO is about Lennart using a cigar to light the fireworks the day before new year. He thought it was kind of tough to act like he was smoking, lol.



The little felt book was a gift of
Bonnette who brought one for all of us Alliance girls when se came back from her trip to the US and we met at Anita's surprise.
I was lucky to get an orange one! I love orange and it went so well with the scrap-club kit that I just had to pimp it up a little...




The last LO I made using this kit is one about Marlijn with her dearest little friend knuffel.

The next two projects where made using the lovely GetInspired! kit from De Creatie.
For the little book I asked my family members what their favourite vacation destination is and why. We, parents, like to go to France but all three kids seem to agree on... Centerparcs! *LOL*


The LO speaks for itself. To bad Kirsty has to miss these kind of meetings 'cause she's living in England...


And then there was the Wacky Workshop Weekend. I already told you how much fun it was and now I want to show you what I did. I attended 3 workshops of Celine Navarro wich all where awesome.
The first one was about using paint, aquarel pastels and pens ON your PHOTO. It's not really hard but it's more about daring, yikkes... But Celine made it look soooo easy, "and btw", she said, "what terrible things can happen, the worst thing is that you ruin your picture... well, you just get a new one". And she is right of course. It was fun going out of my comfort zone wich it surely was! Also thought it was fun using the chipboard swirl like this, only problem now is that it doesn't fit in any album :)


The second one was about transfers using gel medium and aceton. No good examples of that yet. It needs practicing and besides that I didn't have the right transparencies. Something to practice at home but very fun!

The third workshops was about making your own background paper using gesso and paint. Don't think I'm really gonna use this in my own LO's but it was fun learning a new technique!


At the evening crop I had a hard time to get started, it was fun just to sit and listen and see what everybody was doing. But finally I made this LO using Corinne´s awesome paperline Cosmic Energy!


Today the april kit of scrap-club arrived and it's just as great as the last one, can't wait to start using it! Right now I'm working on something else that's exciting, can't tell anything yet but will be soon!

Finally I want to show you a sneak peek of the workshop I'm teaching on april 14-15.

It's a colorful world! For more info click on the button at the right side or here!

...and a color quote: " I found I could say things with colors that I couldn’t say in any other way —things that I had no words for". --Georgia O’Keefe

Wishing you all a wonderful sunday!
Birgit

25 Comments:

Blogger anita said...

What happened to the size of your fonts? :-)
I love all the stuff you did, especially the freestyling!!!

9:58 AM

 
Blogger Tessa Tegendraads said...

Aaah je hebt weer heel gave dingen gemaakt... weer lekker veel inspiratie, en dát heb ik nu net even nodig, heb een beetje scrap-dipje (te druk, griep)

Groetjes van Tessa

1:40 PM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

amazing stuff!! love your kind of freestyle!!

2:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prachtig weer!

Tineke Raangs

3:18 PM

 
Blogger "Maggie & Kevin" said...

Hi Birgit,

Thanks so much for sending me your blog, love your layouts, they're infused with so much color and I LOVE that about them. Love the little books you make too...something I have wanted to do...putting it on my to-do list. :)

7:00 PM

 
Blogger Helfy said...

Wow!Wow!I love all your L.O!And your mini books are so cute!
As you can see i'm stille fan!

6:26 AM

 
Blogger Kerry McKibbins said...

Your work is just beautiful.

7:58 AM

 
Blogger rev said...

LOVE all those new layouts Birgit! Especially the 'kiss' one with your girl and hubby. Awesome doodling and painting and how you did the chipboard swirl. Perfect!!

8:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prachtig allemaal. Vind alles super mooi. Ik hou van je stijl.
De sneak peak van de a.s. workshop maakt ons alledrie zeer nieuwsgierig naar de rest.

Groeten Joke

8:50 AM

 
Blogger Britta said...

You have been soooo busy! Great work. Love all your Layouts and the minibooks are totally cute!

11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff as always!! ;) So whats that fun and exciting thing you are working on??
hugs,Monique

11:58 AM

 
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

Awesome - all your layouts !!!! Love the technique layouts - you know I'm a technique geek - LOL!

12:56 AM

 
Blogger Fauve Design said...

Yeah,love the things you made with the kits!Also love the techniques you learned at De Creatie,seems like you had fun using paint :D

1:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat heb je het weer druk gehad Birgit! Mooie LO's hoor! Leuke doodles heb je gebruikt en kun je aquarelpotloden zo op je foto gebruiken? Ga 'k even proberen...
Groetjes Boukje.

11:02 AM

 
Blogger Essie said...

Wouw! Je hebt geen minuut stil gezeten. Zoveel nieuwe LO'S. Indrukkend. Vooral de LO van de knuffel vind ik helemaal het einde.

12:04 PM

 
Blogger Vanessa said...

this is wonderfull, again!!!I think a workshop with you would be nice!!

12:18 PM

 
Blogger Bernadette Merikle said...

totally cute layouts and that felt book is adorable!

12:38 PM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

WOW! Gorgeous layouts! My fave is True Love Everlasting (Love the background...how did you do that?!).

Really enjoy visiting your blog.. so much eye candy!

1:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, dat zijn wel heel veel LO's. En allemaal even prachtig. Leuke nieuwe technieken!!

2:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful things you made. The layout of your son with the cap and "the hair thing" sounds very familiar.

2:46 PM

 
Blogger Marjolein said...

Wow, jij bent hard aan et werk geweest zeg, ziet er allemaal geweldig uit! Dat vakantie boekje vind ik super! (maar de rest ook hoor!!!)

3:43 PM

 
Blogger saffiertje said...

Wat een inspiratie!!! Vooral dat gewelige album met de oranje kaft...PRACHTIG!!!!

12:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, just picked up my jaw from the floor LOL... completely blown away by all the STUNNING stuff you've shared!!!! So nice you made so many layouts of your son! He might not want to be in front of the camera, but he must have loved all these didn't he? And that minibook, saw it live in the shop and it is so so inspiring Birgit!

2:17 AM

 
Blogger Monique Helfrich said...

Ooooooo girl, I enjoyed seeing all this great stuff you created!!! too bad I missed all those Céline techniques. BTW not only great Lo's but also great pics!!!

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Vanessa said...

hoi Birgit
ben hevig fan hoor!
enne als jij naar BelgiË komt, kom ik ook naar je workshop!! (in kortrijk!!)
ik kijk er enorm naar uit!

3:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home