Saturday, March 24, 2007

2 new projects to share

Made these also for the Scrap-club DT using the april kit.

On the LO my DD Marlijn with the 5 year old son of our friends. The picture was taken during the weekend we went away together and these two had so much fun together!



The little tag book is filled with saying I wrote down in the time Lennart was about 4-5 years old. The funniest once are in this little book. I have to ad a few but can't find the book I wrote them in :(




I'll try to transalate as good as I can:



Summer vacation 2001
We just spend a week on a camping in Cognac (France). When we’re on our way to another place Lennart wants to ask something about the camping we were before. He remembers that the name of the place had something to do with something daddy likes to drink…
He says: “Mommy, when we still were in beer…”




The next one was in the same vacation. While putting up the tent Lennart asks if he can have the hammer. When Erik asks him what he needs it for he says: “to hammer the shrimps into the ground.
Ok, I’ll have to explain that one: In dutch a peg is called a “haring” wich is also the name for a fish (herring)…:)


The third one says: “Mommy, I’m not going to drink my yoghurt! It’s sooo cold, my teeth get all dizzy”



The last one is about Lennart who is terrified of dogs. One day he comes home really excited saying “mommy, mommy, I’m no longer afraid of Nicole’s dog” I tell him I think that’s just wonderful and he answers: “Yes, because you know… Nicoles dog is dead!”

*LOL* Can you imagine that although I was sorry for the dog I just had to laugh out loud?!

If you want to read the text in dutch just click on the image for a closer look!

I think things like this are worth remembering, I’m sure my kids will love these little things they said as a child when they are older. I have many more (somewhere) so I think this little book will get thicker in time (when I find them)!


BTW: some people have been asking who makes the rubons I used around the edges *LOL* but they are not rubons, just my own little doodles, using a black and a white pen!


You all have another week to send in you LO's and/or banners for the challenges. And if you like to do more then one, feel free to submit as many LO's/banners as you like!!!
And for those of you who are thinking about coming to the "colourful world-workshop"... the saturday is fully booked but I have a few places left on the sunday!

Have a wonderful Sunday, enjoy the lovely weather! I’m sure we will!
Birgit

8 Comments:

Blogger anita said...

love the mini book birgit andd good luck with the workshop!
anita
x

9:53 AM

 
Blogger Miranda said...

What a cute little book tou made. I really like it and the 'qoutes' in it!

10:04 AM

 
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

gorgeous mini book - love it!!!!

10:28 AM

 
Blogger R said...

Love the layout and the cool minibook! Love your doodling!!!

Already excited about the workshop!!! Just 3 more weeks :D

12:15 PM

 
Blogger scraptime said...

love your mini book! and love the kit...

1:01 PM

 
Blogger Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

Hi Birgit

Gorgeous layout girl... I love it... And the mini-book ROCKS... What a neat idea and SO FUNNY... Unfortunately my kid can't talk yet... The only thing she says is: doei doei LOL

Have a great night
Emine

2:04 PM

 
Blogger Janine Langer said...

This is great, I especiall love the mini book. The colors are perfect!

5:22 AM

 
Blogger rev said...

haha, i had to laugh out loud also on Lennarts sayings. Especially the dead dog one. kids are good :)

cu tonight? :)
xoxo

9:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home