Friday, December 29, 2006

So this was Christmas...

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, surrounded by loved ones.
And for those of you who had to miss someone who really couln't be missed yet this Christmas, I hope you were able to make it special too, in the memories of those who are no longer here.
They will be in your hearts forever!

We were supposed to celebrate Christmas Eve at my parents but Marlijn was sick.
And not a little bit sick but really sick! She had a 40*C fever and could hardly walk, besides that she had been vomitting. We really couldn't take her out. Anne went to my parents house by bus in the morning to help my mom preparing all the food.
So I called my mom to ask her if they could come over to our house and bring everything, the presents and the food, to celebrate over here and of course that was no problem at all.
So everybody came to our house, we made Marlijn a little bed in the livingroom and Anne and my mom made a delicious buffet, of course there was way to much, as always :)!
Marlijn was so miserable that she didn't even have the strenght to get out of bed for her presents. The other kids had to bring her the presents and she unpacked them lying down.
I felt so sorry for her since she'd been looking forward to this so much. But I could tell by her smile how happy she was when she got the Baby Born doll she wished for!

On Christmas day my inlaws came over, wich made 17 people in total. Everybody made somethingfor diner and it was wonderful. Marlijn was feeling a little better but stayed in her pj's the whole day. And it was not even 7 pm when she said she wanted to go to bed. She slept until 8.45 the next morning! Everybody stayed the night and we had a great breakfast together in the morning. During the day one by one left except for one BIL who stayed another night.
Boy, did I have a lot of house cleaning to do after they left :) but hey, we had a terrific time together!

I was finally allowed to open the beautiful Secret Santa present that has been lying on my desk for a few weeks now. It was such a nice surprise! My SS made me a beautiful little coaster family minialbum. And the goodies are just yummy! I haven't figured out yet who my SS was but whoever it was: THANKS SO MUCH! I love everything you've send me!!!


Another lovely present I found in my mailbox. All the way from Australia, the other side of the world, Lee Woodside has send me this gorgeous felt. Lee, this is sooo sweet of you!!! I absolutly love it, thank you so much!! You rock!!!


And now it's only a few days untill New Years Eve. While I'm typing this we're in the car driving to Wijchen where almost all my inlaws live and where we will stay untill New Years Day. We will be staying at my PIL's house for 2 nights and then we go to my BIL to celebrate New Years Eve. Only 82km to go...

Guess this will be my last post this year, so I want to wish you a lovely New Years Eve, see you in 2007!!!

Birgit
P.s. I just found out that I was tagged by Saffiertje to tell 6 strange things about myself but I already did that in my entry of dec. 16th. So if you want to know how strange I am, look there :)

13 Comments:

Blogger corinne5 said...

sorry to hear that your little one was so sick! hope she feels better now. Wishing you a happy new year!

corinnexxx

12:04 PM

 
Blogger Lilian Schneider said...

That's what's Christmas is all about, being with the ones you love. I hope your daughter is feeling better.
I wish you a very happy new year and hope to see a lot more of those beautiful 'scraps' on this blog in 2007!

1:41 PM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

so sorry for your little sweetie!! happy new year!! hope to see you in 2007!!

hugs!!

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Marjolein said...

Too bad for your little girl.... hope she feels better soon!! Especially on New Years Eve with all the fireworks!
Have a very happy New Year with lots of scrappin' fun! and see you soon

3:43 PM

 
Blogger Brigitta said...

so sorry to hear Marlijn was so poorly. Hope she's feeling a lot better. Sounds like you had a great time though.

Wishing you, Eric and the kids a happy new year!!!

See you soon (really missing my cropwednesdays!!!!)

1:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry you sweetie was sick! Have a wonderful New Years Eve and see you soon! HUgs and Smoochies!

4:16 AM

 
Blogger rev said...

o sweet little Marlijn, that is so hard having a little sick baby (they turn into a little baby for your feeling right?). Luckely everybody came to your house! Hopefully you have an awesome New Year and i'll see you in 2007!!!xoxo

11:43 AM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

Too bad Marlijntje was ill, I hope she's feeling better. Sound like your christmas was just like it should be, surrounded by loved ones, good food and some unexpected gifts.
Hope you have a wonderfull celebration into the new year, one with unlimited possiblities !

2:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, hope your little girl feels a lot better now... And that she enjoyed the fireworks last night!
Happy Newyear! Jee, you are lucky to receive such a beautiful little album....

12:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your sweet little girlie is better now.

Happy new year xxx

4:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Merlijn, I was sick also, felt better during X-mas day. Hope you have a great 2007! :-) Eef

1:00 PM

 
Blogger R said...

Happy New Year Birgit, wish you all the best!!

And I hope your girl is better now!

9:06 AM

 
Blogger Tessa Tegendraads said...

gosh wat sneu... een zieke nooit leuk. Je hebt wel heel leuke spulletjes gekregen hoor

Tessa

1:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home