Sunday, November 05, 2006

Yesterday evening Adriana, the owner of scrap-club invited Anita, Monique, Revlie and me for a DT-meeting in Utrecht. We first went bowling and had a lot of fun! I won, I won, I won, woohooo!!! :)
Then we went for dinner to Taj Mahal. It was a very nice restaurant and the food was delicious. After we finished dessert we we're just sitting and talking. Some of us still had a drink and Adriana called her husband to pick her up in about half an hour. But five minutes later there came a waiter at our table saying: "Could you please leave, there are people waiting, I need this table". Can you believe that. He was looking at me and I was just kind of speachless, mumbling something like "uh, oh, well, ok.... " As he walked away another waiter came to the table asking if everything had been ok. And we said: "yeah, well the food was nice but we don't like to be trhown out!" We told him what had happened and he thought we'd missunderstood. Revlie replied that she speaks perfectly dutch and that it was what the waiter had litteraly said. I think this other waiter got a little nervous then and felt like he had to make up a little for his colleque. When he saw my camera he asked if we wanted our picture taken in front of the Taj Mahal, so I gave him my camera. Then Monique asked him to take another one with her camera. He said something about what great camera's we have and Anita said to him: "Yeah, well, you know, we're working for this magazine and we do an article on restaurants!" And he went: "nooooo, that's not true, is it?" and I said: "Yes it's true, no joking!" and he said: "Really???" and I said "Really!!" I could tell he got very nervous then, asking if it had been ok, what we're gonna write. And I said: "Just wait and you''ll read all about it" As we went out Anita suggested to make some pictures from the outside. So we stood in front of the restaurant, pointing at it, talking and taking pictures. Hahaha, what a joke, they'd better have treated us right!
Ahhh, whatever... we had a great evening and a lot of fun!


Anita, me, Revlie, Monique and Adriana

Last week I've been teaching a workshop to a little group of women who haven't done any scrapbooking before. One of them hadn't even heard of it and had no idea what to expect. They wanted something easy but nice so we made the always succesful waterfall book. We had a very nice evening and I think they where quite pleased!





You can click on the image to have a better look!

The last thing I want to share with you is my contribution to the latest Scrapamore.
Two Christmas LO's and a Christmas candy box. Cool huh???





That's it for today! TFL!
Birgit

15 Comments:

Blogger Brigitta said...

what a story Birgit and how rude!! Love the work you're showing here, and it's even better irl. I loved you publications in ScrapAmore, I still think it's a shame you can't just buy it, but have to buy another magazine to get it.

See you wednesday.
hugs
Brigitta

2:44 PM

 
Blogger corinne5 said...

bwhahahahahaha! that might teach them to act a little better next time, so rude! Such a cool waterfall book!

Corinnexxx

10:49 PM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

great story and he will never forget you!! :))
your work is so awesome. love it!!

11:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOl - love the restaurant story! Guess they are pretty nervous now about the upcoming review!
Love your waterfall book - awesome project! Have a wonderful week!

11:39 PM

 
Blogger jana said...

*lol* thats really funny!

your minibook is wonderful!

11:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, nice to see a picture of the whole DT together!
The next time you should say that in advance that you work for a magazine, you will be treated better then. :)
I love that waterfall book, never done such a thing.
And congrats on the pub!

Astrid

2:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really LOVE your minibook !!
WONDERFUL !!!!!!

3:17 AM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

Oh you girls are so cheeky !!! But I'd be a bit baffled too if they asked us to leave ....They are probably soo nervous now @ the restaurant.....
Cute book for the workshop !
Loved your entries for the mag ! Did you see me on the last page ;-)

6:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat een geweldig verhaal over het restaurant. Zou ook mijn actie kunnen zijn geweest. Super mini boekje ook.

1:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha what a fun story! I hate that when you get bounjourd out of a restaurant. And congrats on the publications!!! Oh and I love that minibook really cute :-) Eef

11:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great story! They will never forget you girls at that restaurant.
That waterfall book you made looks really cool.
I saw your work in the last scrapamore and loved it.

1:12 PM

 
Blogger Lilian Schneider said...

I love the Christmas candy box!

gr. Lilian

2:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the waterfall book Birgit! Are there instructions anywhere online for this? Is that the cover of Scrapamore? Love everything on the two page spread you did for them!

I hope the guy at that restaurant gets fired. I have never heard such a thing. Hopefully you didn't leave him a tip!

12:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had fun didn't we? even if you did win :P Love the waterfallbook! And great layouts in the Scrapamore!
hugs,Monique

4:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we sure kicked some ass... they totally did not know what to say or how to act :) was fun meeting you again, our weekend will be cool!!
loved your lo's in scrapAmore!!

7:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home