Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It really is fall!

Since the weather has still been so nice the last couple of weeks and it was way to warm for the time of the year I didn't really realize that it is fall already!
Last sunday though, we went to the woods and I was very surprised to see so many mushrooms, fir-cones and acorns.
This morning on the news we heard that the next couple of days we'll have some real fall weather with lots of rain and much, much colder.
I guess I will have to dig out our winter coats and gloves then...
Although I call myself a summer girl (I love the heat) I have to admit that I enjoy long dark evenings, when it's raining outside and we stay in, light the candles and watch tv or read a book. As long as I don't have to leave the house it's ok....
I also look forward to "Sinterklaas"-time and Christmas, but I know that in january I'll start longing for spring already!

Here are some mushroom pictures I made sunday:






The next picture I took in my own backyard last week. Aren't these colors beautiful?
To bad most of it is gone by now already...



Have a great day, enjoy fall!
Birgit

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the color of those leaves is amazing! Great pictures

12:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous fall pic - we don't have that where i live!

12:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really miss the red colors of fall. Here in CO you get green and yellow.......that's about it LOL

1:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the fall pictures! I'm also a summer girl but I do also love the cozy evening at home when it is cold. The smell of candles and tea and ....YEAHHHH Christmas Cookies ;-)

1:44 AM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

i think, we are all summer girls!! but when it's cold outside?? lots of time for our passion ;) have a nice fall too!!

5:47 AM

 
Blogger Jen Martakis said...

I'm another summer lover but I've also come to appreciate the beauty of fall. Love your photos.

11:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowza, beautiful pictures Birgit, and YES I LOVE AUTUMN!!! so for me, this is the best part of the year (do NOT like the heat :) Opposites attract right?

11:31 AM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

great photo's gotta love the colors !

2:21 PM

 
Blogger Brigitta said...

In a way I am a summergirl too, but I absolutely love autumn as well, especially when the air smells fresh and of autumn, there's a bit of sunshine and all those colours are just blazing. And yes, I absolutely love it when it's raining and getting dark, lighting candles, turning up the heat.... as long as I don't have to leave the house.
love the pictures Birgit

12:19 AM

 
Blogger Karen (Cupcake) Carter said...

Great photos. It's still like summer here too. I can't wait for it to get cold so we can get cozy. I love winter! We get a visit from Sinterklaas too!

4:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home