Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's been a while...

since my last post. Just been busy! I've been preparing a workshop I'm teaching tomorrow evening and done some work for a magazine. It's the first time I will be published in this magazine and I'm very excited about it! It's a great magazine and it's not dutch... and that's all I'm gonna say about it for now :) I hope to do more work for them in the future!

I've also been preparing for the upcoming scrapweekend organised by my friend Anita. Can you imagine... 8 women, all working in the scrapbook industry somehow, staying in a big house from friday evening until sunday evening, just to scrapbook for fun!!! No work, just fun scrapping. I can hardly wait until it's friday evening. We'll bring everything we need for breakfast and lunch, dinner will be served at our cottage saturday evening... if we want to, we can stay in our PJ's for about 48 hours! Check in on monday and you'll read all about it!

Today I finally got my copy of "the joy of scrapbooking" from Cantata Books.



In there is this LO of mine I made ages ago. Just after easter last year to be a little more precise, so more then 1,5 years ago.



It's funny to see how much my way of scrapbooking has changed in that time...
As you can see in this project I'm working on now. I thought it was about time to get an art journal since there are more ideas and pictures in my head than I can use before I forget them again :) Hope writing and drawing them down will help... not that I will have more time then!



Thanks again for peeking in!
Birgit

11 Comments:

Blogger Christiane said...

the journal is beautiful. love the colors. it's really funny to see how a style could chance. and hey, congrats for beeing published soon.

1:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your journal and the LO! Wish you girls a lot of fun this weekend!

1:45 PM

 
Blogger jana said...

your journal is wonderful! have a great weekend!

12:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your artbook cover! Have fun this weekend, sound really cool!!
Astrid

12:46 AM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

congrats on the pub ! Love your little art journal so cute.

1:44 AM

 
Blogger corinne5 said...

can;t wait to hear on your pub, congrats! and love that art journal.

corinnexxx

5:01 AM

 
Blogger Nicole said...

De buitenkant van je boekje is alweer super...en ben heel benieuwd naar het "buitenlands" avontuur...heel fijn weekend

gr Nicole

6:15 AM

 
Blogger Brigitta said...

Have fun this weekend Birgit!!! And thanks for the inspiration on the art journal, als you know, I've got the framework at home, all I have to do now is get started.... Am very curious about your publication....

1:06 AM

 
Blogger Lilian Schneider said...

Have a great weekend! Must be heave to just scrap, scrap, scrap, eat, sleep, scrap ;-).

About the publication, I'm curious in which magazine it will be. Is it.........?

4:57 AM

 
Blogger Lilian Schneider said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:57 AM

 
Blogger Karen (Cupcake) Carter said...

Hope you have a fabulous time at your retreat!

6:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home