Monday, November 28, 2005

I'm a photographer!


I'm a photographer, I don't pretend to be a good one but I love to take pictures. Long before I started scrapbooking I made pictures and because I take so many (almost 4500 in the last 9 months, wich I know because I have a digital rebel since march) some of them turn out really nice. I love my pictures, cherish them. Loosing them would be a tradgedie to me.
And not only the pictures I make now, but also the pictures that were taken a long, long time ago. Pictures of my ancestors, my grandparents, my parents as they were little children. I love watching them, wondering what they were doing, thinking, how their life was back then... were they happy, what kind of dreams did they have, were they creative, did they love pictures too, what did they do on an average sunday morning, what kind of job did they have?

Most of these questions and many more will never be answered because my ancestors didn't scrapbook nor did they write. To try and answer these kind of questions not only for my children but for my grand- and great grandchildren too, I scrapbook.
Some time ago I made this LO about photographs.

The poem I found at 2Peas sais it all



Photographs are smiles that last forever
Snowmen that can never melt away
Birthday celebrations caught in amber
Rescued from the vaults of yesterday
Faces that were once more dear than diamonds
Boys who kept you up until the dawn
Houses filled with bicycles and babies
Ghosts who left their shadows on the lawn
Photographs are holes in time's grey curtain
Through them we can peek into the past
Call upon our parents and our children
Pop a cork with members of the cast
There they are the days of jazz and joy-rides
Snaps of magic moments lit by laughs
If you every find my house on fire
Leave the silver-
Save the Photographs

9 Comments:

Blogger corinne5 said...

you know I love this poem so much maybe have to use it in one of my own lo's. you are a great photographer and can take pictures of me anytime!

corinnexxx

2:39 AM

 
Blogger ... said...

wow, how talented you are. Love all your lo's. I can't wait to get my Rebel XT...Lisa

2:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great LO. Like it a lot. Nice colors as well. May have to use the poem myself :)

6:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photographs layout...great page....

Love the colors...I think you have to be a photo-holic if you are a scrapbooker...the more pics, the more pages...etc...

Great stuff!

8:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy photos!!

I love your lo, it is beautiful!!!!!

9:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that layout...and the poem is wonderful!!

10:25 AM

 
Blogger Breanne Crawford said...

LOVE that picture on the lO! awesome!

12:00 PM

 
Blogger Kip said...

I love your LO and I wish too, that my ancestors scrapbooked! What stories they could tell us!

Kip

2:59 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

Awesome LO and poem!!!

6:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home