Friday, November 04, 2005

My dream....

Coming true a little...

I think the dream of every dutch submitting scrapbooker is to get published in an American magazine. I've been submitting for a while now with the result of 2 published LO's in the US so far. The first one is this LO called "A long way..." wich was published in the Memory Makers Idea Gallery 6 that came out this last october.



A long way....

The second one will be in the Cantata Books Sensational Seasonal Pages '05. Of course I was excited, it made me very happy. I danced around the room, screaming out loud when I got the calls and my DD Anne still makes fun of me. But to be honest... my biggest dream is to be published in Creating Keepsakes. For me, that is the best scrapbook magazine ever!

Yesterday I got my issue of the december CK but I didn't have time to read it, I had a workshop to give. In the evening I got a text message from Anita saying: "Your name is in CK, did you know?" I answerd: "Are you joking? Why?"

But she wasn't joking. When I got home I looked and there, on page 170, it was!

In Rachel Thomae's Readers Gallery it said:

I loved these pages too!

"Have I mentioned yet how much I love seeing your pages? I'd like to give a special shout-out to these 10 readers who also had pages that caught my eye this month!"

And there, in a line of ten names was mine.....

Wow!

O.k., it's not a publication, not a LO... but someone at CK noticed me. Maybe she will keep her eyes open for my LO's, maybe she has one in mind already for an upcoming issue, maybe....

One thing's for sure: My dream came true a little and I will keep on submitting to CK very much! And who knows, maybe one day...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:12 PM

 
Blogger Karen (Cupcake) Carter said...

They would be fools not to keep their eye on you. You have enormous talent!! Keep submitting!!!

9:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh for sure they will be using one of your lo's very soon!!

corinnexxx

11:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home