Monday, November 21, 2005

Looking through the eyes of other people

This weekend I've been working on my entry for the Junkitz International Contest. I have to admit I'm a slow scrapper, it usualy takes a few hours to get a LO done. But now it was even worse... with everything I did I thought: "will they like this, will they think this is creative, will they consider this out-of-the-box-thinking..."
It was getting me nowhere!
When I messed up my title and didn't have enough of the same paper left I was about to throw everything out of the window.

And then I said to myself: "Are you crazy, or what? Of course it would be great to winn a contest like this, but this is MY page, is has to go into MY album, so I'M the one who has to like it! If sombody else likes it too, well, that's nice, but not the most important."
And guess what, once I stopped trying to look through other peoples eyes I finished my LO in no time... and I love it!
Wouldn't it just be great if they love it too :)?

(I'm sending it in today!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Junkitz LO on your blog are awesome, your style is fresh and fun. Good Luck!

1:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck...I feel that way all the time! I actually haven't scrapped in about a month!
Cari

4:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome! I am sure your entry is great. Good luck!

6:18 AM

 
Blogger Karen (Cupcake) Carter said...

Birgit, You are one of my all-time favorite scrapbookers and I am sure that the work you send to Junkitz will be recognized. You have true talent and it's only a matter of time until you are too famous to waste your time talking to lil' ol' me anymore. *LOL* Hugs to you, sweet friend.

10:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birgit, I love your style, I've been keeping my eye out for your LO's in different galleries. I'm sure you will be noticed !

rgds, D@nielle

1:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home