Monday, May 14, 2007

A wonderful weekend...

I had such a nice and fun weekend!!! I left friday morning and drove to Roelofarendsveen to meet up with Revlie and admire her beautiful new born son Ruben. He's a real cutie and very sweet. I also met Revlie's little girl Sanne who is a lively, funny, sweet little girl. We became friends instantly. You could tell she's trained by her mommy for taking pictures because every time I turned my camera her way she stopped doing what she was doing and sat or stood still to have her picture taken, lol. She also says the funniest things... She was watching revlie changing Rubens diaper and she said "look, he´s got an udder (uier)!" So try to keep your face straitgh then :). Before I knew it it was 2.30p.m. and I really had to go.



The expected time of arrival in Kortrijk was 5.00p.m. but the traffic was sooo busy and the weather sooo bad that it took me an hour more. Antwerpen was horrible, there was a traffic jam all through the city. But finally I arrived at Tiny's Hobby. I had a sandwich and then I installed myself in my room in the youth hostel nextdoor. The workshop started at 7.30p.m. and was a lot of fun. The sewing on the cover of the minibook took a little more time then I expected so that might not be the best option for another workshop but in the end everybody got her little book finished and it seemed to me that it was a succes!


I finally got to meet Kelly (right), Isolde (left) and Vanessa who i knew from the virtual world but not IRL and it was fun! They're all such nice, enthousiastic, friendly women and passionate scrappers too! So nice to meet them!
On saturday there where 8 demonstrations and some workshops in the store. Like other times there was taken really good care of us again. We had a terrific lunch and more snacks and drinks then is good for us :)
Saturday Kelly was also doing a demonstration, love her work and style wich is very personal with a lot of handwriting and bold colors! I also met
Christie who was doing a demonstration. We knew each others names and work through our blogs but since she doesn't speak english and my french is good enough to do my grocceries in France but certainly not good enough to write messages on a blog we hadn't really had contact. Now, with some translaters help, we learned a little bit more about each other and I had the change to see her lovely work in real.
Saturday evening I met up with
Tanya for dinner. Normally I see Tanya only 2 times a year at Kars events but she lives near by Kortrijk so it was a great oppertunity to meet up and have a nice evening. She picked me up at the youth hostel and we went to a great italian restaurant at the Grote Markt in Kortrijk for dinner, wine and a nice conversation. I had a lovely evening!
Sunday was mothersday and I was not home. And I wasn't the only mom demonstrating that could not be with her kids that day. They were so sweet at Tiny's to think about that and when we came in in the morning we got a little box with chocolate for mothersday and after lunch there was even a special mothersday cake. How thoughtful is that!?
Made these LO's and little book during the demo for the shop to keep.
Pictures on the first one are from Vicky, the shopowners daugther. Kind of scraplifted my own watersnake LO here, can you tell? :)

I left at 5.30p.m. to drive the long way home but this time the weather was great and it was so quiet on the road that even though I stopped at the border to get a big mac menu and a chocolate flavoured milkshake at MacDonalds I was home before 10.00p.m.
Can you imagine I was tired??
So I had a wonderful weekend and I was happy to hear that my family had a nice time too... NO idea how they managed without me, heehee. Feels good to be back home!
There will probably be more photo's later this week,since I'm expecting some by e-mail.
Ohh, and I got some very nice LO's for the challenge in my mailbox over the weekend. You can still join until next monday. Click here to find out more!

Have a great week, all of you!
Birgit

Labels:

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you made it home safely. :)

I had a lot of fun too, and it was so nice to meet you IRL. Now I'm an even bigger fan. ;)

After this weekend I know one thing for sure: scrapbookers are great people to do meet and greets with. And how international it was: at one time I was talking dutch, french and english in the same sentence, lol. ;)

9:56 AM

 
Blogger Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

gorgeous layouts girl...

It sounds you had a blast... And how cute is Revlie's baby... VERY cute indeed

have a wonderful day

xoxo
Emine

9:59 AM

 
Blogger Je@net said...

What a really, really cute stuff you made!!

10:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you had such a great time and I need to see revlie sooooooon that child is changing by the minute!

corinnexxx

11:01 AM

 
Blogger sollie said...

It was wonderful to meet you and I hope to see you again. Love the pages you made at Tiny's. Hope we can keep contact through our blogs and maybe in real, who knows??

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

you had been busy!! Gorgeous layouts!

12:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such sweet photo's with Revlie and her kids! Your layouts are very cool stuff again, can imagine you wanted to lift your own watersnake-layout, cos it ROCKS bigtime!

12:45 PM

 
Blogger anita said...

love that little book birgit. looks like you had a fun time!!!!
anita
x

2:23 PM

 
Blogger Tessa Tegendraads said...

Oh Birgit, je bent weer lekker aan de slag geweest en je hebt weer mooie dingen gemaakt! En lekker he aan zo;n vers babytje snuffelen :-)

groetjes van Tessa

4:03 PM

 
Blogger patri oliveira said...

Woww, very nice your mini and LOs!! Beautiful!

Hugs
Patri Oliveira (Brazil)

6:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend!Love the things you made, that minibook is gorgeous and so are the LO's.Great pics of Revlie's cute son and daughter ofcourse.
Looking forward to your workshop on the 12th!!! :)

Gr Jeanet

11:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dat miniboekje is weer zo ontzettend schattig. Ik smelt bijna. Waarom heeft een dag maar 24 uur en moet ik er toch minstens 7(?) van slapen.

Groeten Joke

1:21 AM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

works never end!! but we have the best job!!
looks like a good time!! and again wonderful layouts!!

1:31 AM

 
Blogger Fauve Design said...

Too bad the traffic was bad,but it looks like you had fun there!
Love the layouts,verry cute!

1:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to read that you had a great time and love the mini-album you made, beautiful colorful book.

2:44 AM

 
Blogger Britta said...

Great Layouts and I love your minibook!

4:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat een mooi mini boekje heb je gemaakt, mooie kleuren, doet het altijd goed!
Groetjes Boukje.

1:06 PM

 
Blogger rev said...

love the pics Birgit!! And Sanne had a blast with you!! You kept talking and playing with her. She's now asking when my friend comes again.. :)
and yes, that udder story will be a layout i guess :) and you provided me with the best pic!!!

sounds like you had such a cool time!! and your stuff is as beautiful as always!
xoxo
Rev

1:44 AM

 
Blogger Essie said...

Wat een geweldig mini boekje. Mijn LO voor de challenge ligt klaar, alleen nog even fotograferen en versturen. Liefs, es.

12:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home