Monday, October 22, 2007

One little word....

I have to admit… after all the deadlines I had last week I kind of lost my mojo..
I wanted to do some scrapping just for me for a couple of days but just hadn’t any inspiration.
Yesterday morning I was browsing the internet and there it was! While visiting the OLW blog I suddenly felt like scrapping the OLW word for this week... “believe”. With the beautiful pictures of my DD and the word “believe” in mind I knew what I was gonna do!
Since it was Sunday and I didn’t want to sit alone in my scrap room while my family was downstairs I just brought everything I thought I needed down and sat on the living room floor. It was such a relaxed, nice Sunday afternoon and this is the result:




Journaling is on the tag behind the picture and says:
Why don’t you believe me?
Normally you’re such a self-confident girl.
You´re not afraid to give your opinion or to speak up for yourself.
You know exactly what you want and how to get it. You stand for what you say and,
if you have to, you fight for your rights.
But when it comes to your looks you´re so insecure! You look in the mirror a dozen
times an hour and this is what I hear:
“Sigh… my hair looks awful!”
“Blehhh, my nose is way to big!”
“Gosh, look at my eye brows… they’re horrible!”
And I tell you time and time again that you’re gorgeous!
But you’re convinced that I’m prejudiced because I’m your mom…
I guess it’s just natural to feel that way when you’re 13 years old.
But sweet daughter of mine…
you really can believe me when I tell you that you’re beautiful!
xox Mom

BTW… you can sign up now for the Secret Santa Swap! Don’t mis the fun! Click here for details and joining in!

Thanks for stopping by!
Birgit

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Ik vind hem prachtig geworden!!
Ik ga soms ook naar beneden, als ik zin heb om bij iedereen (en in de buurt van de open haard) te zitten :)

4:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful layout and so is your journaling...

6:26 AM

 
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

gorgeous layout of your beautiful daughter!

7:54 AM

 
Blogger Petra said...

Dag Anne,
Om je moeder maar een steuntje in de rug te geven: je foto's zijn meer dan prachtig en ze heeft ECHT gelijk!!!
Groetjes, Petra :)

8:08 AM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

*sigh* she's really beautiful!! love your page and the touching journaling!!

8:29 AM

 
Blogger Lynn said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! I love your blog header too!

Lynn
one little word

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Ingrid said...

What a GORGEOUS layout. Love it!! And you have a cool banner. You did a great job!

10:44 AM

 
Blogger ~Nancy~ said...

Wooww.. that's one awesome layout girl!!! That's a great way to spend your Sunday right?? hehe!! And Anne looks beautiful!!!! She's gorgeous!! XOXO

11:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow very cool new banner Birgit! Your lo for OLW is stunning... and i am not her mom, so i see clearly that she is a beautiful and radiant LADY!

11:08 AM

 
Blogger Familie Kubben said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!! And your daughter is beautiful!

12:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoi Anne, Ik woon ook in winsum en zie je hier wel eens lopen/fietsen. Dus ik ken je van uiterlijk niet alleen maar van de foto's... Je bent echt een mooie meid om te zien hoor! En dit meen ik dus ook ECHT! Ik heb er ook een vreselijke hekel aan om mezelf terug te zien op foto of film (wis mezelf soms van de camera). Maar een ander kijkt er toch anders naar. hopelijk wil je moeder je dit laten lezen. En ehhh. moeder... wat weer een prachtige LO en nieuwe banner. Weer een om trots op te zijn! Groetjes Anette

1:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

prachtige lo en dochter!

Tineke, ps nog kreadoeplannen?

4:06 PM

 
Blogger leewoodside said...

WOW this is amazing!!!
I also love your new banner too.

11:07 PM

 
Blogger M@risk@ said...

Gosh what a wonderful layout and journaling and please tell Anne that she is a good looking girl.
BTW love your new banner.

3:37 AM

 
Blogger Chantal van de Kant said...

Nog voor ik de journaling las zat ik nog te denken, wat een mooie meid is het toch. Prachtige LO ook, maar de foto doet het.
Groetjes
Chantal

4:24 AM

 
Blogger Veerle said...

Wat een prachtige foto en lay-out!!!

11:27 AM

 
Blogger Marjolein said...

Oh wow..... I love this Birgit, such a great photo and that journaling is really touching! Silly that our daughters won't believe us..... got the same problem here!!

Still haven't done this one, cause I just can't find the right photo for the word.... bleeeeeh.... Don't like it, cause I love these challenges!!

4:35 PM

 
Blogger Rozella Meijer-Kern said...

OOOOOOOOhhhhh wat een super layout zeg.....Klasse....

12:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW what een waanzinnig mooie LO!!!!! XOXO

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

What a fantastic layout, i love the journaling!

6:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home