Wednesday, October 24, 2007

She loves to read. Guess she takes after her mom for this matter (her dad doesn't read anything but the newspaper). I love to read to, there is hardly a night that I go to sleep without reading a page or two. There's always a book on my night table... and because I love to read I love books, not only for me but childrens books too.
When I come across a nice childrens book I can't resist to buy it. So whether it's Sinterklaas, x-mas, birthdays.... the kids get books! Not only books of course, but at least one! :)
I'm so happy they love to read too! I (or her daddy) read Marlijn a bedtime story every night. I did it with the older kids too when they where younger, and Marlijn reads to her "knuffel" and doll! With her favorite books she knows all the words. Sometimes we joke with her and change a word and she always notices. And when you hear her reading to her doll you'd believe she is actually reading the words. Amazing! With other books she just looks at the pictures and makes up her own stories. So much imagination, I love it!!
Most of her books where in a few boxes next to her bed but there were so many that it was a mess constantly and we never could find the book we where looking for. So this week we bought her a little book case and she is sooo thrilled with it! it's so easy to make her happy, hope that never changes!





Thanks for popping by!
Have a great evening!
Birgit

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great when children love to read! They learn so much from it! She's such a cutie!
:) Monique

9:15 AM

 
Blogger Je@net said...

Ooooh, heel herkenbaar....sinds ik heb leren lezen heb ik me nooit meer verveeld!! Niets zo heerlijk als een spannend boek om helemaal in op te gaan!
Mijn zonen zijn geen echte lezers...op de Donald Duck na...maar ook mijn dochter is net als d'r mams een echte boekenwurm.

10:15 AM

 
Blogger sollie said...

Ik ben ook helemaal verslaafd aan boeken. Wanneer ik ooit een kindje heb, ben ik ook vastbesloten om iedere avond een verhaaltje te lezen.
groetjes Isolde

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Familie Kubben said...

Geweldig om te zien hoe blij ze is! Ik ben ook dol op boeken en heb mijn kinderboeken bewaard, de kinderen van onze vrienden zijn er bij elk bezoekje weer dol op! hihi

11:52 AM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

oh we have avid readers here too, biggest punishment at the moment is no bedtime story .....

12:26 AM

 
Blogger M@risk@ said...

It's wonderful to read. Jarno likes it as much as I do. Jeffrey is more like his dad, newspapers and biker magazines. When the boys were little I read them bedtime stories as well and sometimes I feel sorry that they are too old for this.

12:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home