Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Spend 4 hours in hospital today...

The pain started sunday afternoon, nothing terrible, just a nagging pain in my belly. At night it got worse, I hardly slept and I didn't feel well all day yesterday. I managed myself through the day taking painkillers and doing as little as possible. Last night the pain got so bad that I couldn't sleep at all and we called a doctor at about 3.30 am but he told me to take another painkiller and visit my family doctor today, which I did. She thought it might be an appendicitis and send me to hospital. There I had to go through the same examinations 4 times with 4 different doctors, they took blood samples and tested my urine. It took almost 4 hours and then the conclusion was:
You might have an appendicitis but...
You're not sick enoug...
The pain is not bad enough...
You don't have a fever...
You don't vomit...
So we want you to go home, take painkillers if neccesary and come back tomorrow morning when we will do all the examinations again...
I hope I will have some sleep and some kind of little miracle will happen over night and I will wake up without any pain... so please keep your fingers crossed for me!!
I'll keep you updated!
Birgit

Labels:

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Birgit.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the pain will go away.....hopefully you'll get some sleep tonight.

2:15 PM

 
Blogger Brigitta said...

oh you poor girl!!! where exactly is the pain? it's not your galbladder is it??
hope you'll get some sleep tonight girlie. big hug!!

2:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heeeel veel sterkte!

tineke

3:49 PM

 
Blogger Fauve Design said...

Thats terrible sweety,hope you will wake up without any pain!!

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

poor you - that sounds terrible! Hope you are feeling better soon!

10:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cross my fingers for you. Hope it will feel better today and that's it's not your appendix.

11:09 PM

 
Blogger Janine Langer said...

Oh, that's terrible! Hope you feel better soon and wake up without any pain!

11:29 PM

 
Blogger corinne5 said...

nou daar ben je dan lekker klaar mee. Hoop dat je je nu wat beter voelt en zo niet snel naar het ziekenhuis!sterkte!

corinnexxx

12:25 AM

 
Blogger jana said...

oh no! i hope you´re feeling better today and everything will be ok soon!

12:36 AM

 
Blogger Mirjam said...

Hoop dat je je snel beter voelt!

12:59 AM

 
Blogger bonnette said...

Oh meid wat een ellende ... hoop dat het 'wormvormig aanhangsel' jou met rust laat! Mocht het eruit moeten: sterkte !!
Hugzzz

1:33 AM

 
Blogger A said...

Dat vind ik nou alijd zo waardeloos he, 4x je verhaal doen 4x een arts om je heen die drukt en voelt en vraagt of het echt pijn doet....!!

Heel veel sterkte, hoop dat je je snel weer beter voelt.

1:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sterkte en beterschap!

Boukje.

2:27 AM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

oh no poor thing ! Fingers are crossed over here !

4:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor you! I konw the feeling...terrible pain! hold in there and feel better soon.
Nili:)

4:08 AM

 
Blogger R said...

Oh jeetje wat vervelend! Ik heb vorig jaar zelf een blinde-darmontsteking gehad! (met salmonella op de kop toe)! Echt niet leuk!!! Ik hoop dat je goed kunt slapen vannacht en dat ze er iets aan kunnen doen!!

Sterkte en beterschap!

10:01 AM

 
Blogger M@risk@ said...

Sorry to hear you don't feel well, hope that in the meantime everything turned out OK. Wish you strength.

10:39 AM

 
Blogger Familie Kubben said...

i am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! Get well soon and lots of love!

12:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik hoop dat je je inmiddels beter voelt! Gaaf pakket van Prima hoor!
hugs,Monique

1:53 PM

 
Blogger rev said...

o girl, it's the next day now, i hope you feel better, no pain anymore!!
let me know :)

2:53 PM

 
Blogger Kerry McKibbins said...

Wow.
I really hope you feel better.

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Je@net said...

Oooh poor girl! Hope you feel better soon!!
Keep my fingers crossed!!

12:01 PM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

oh no!! you could be sure, that my fingers will be crossed for you!! get well soon!!

10:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home