Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm back!

Well, actually... I was back home 1,5 week ago. But I had such a hard time getting back to everyday routine.... I really didn't want to leave Italy, we had such a wonderful vacation and even though we were away for almost 4 weeks I didn't feel like going home at all. Life in Italy is so relaxed!

Anyway, I wanted to hold on to that feeling a little longer and decided not to do anything that was not really neccesary untill the kids had to go to school again, wich was last monday. Unfortunatly the minute you walk through your door there are things that HAVE to be done, MUST be done, and NEED to be done, if only for the piles of laundry we brought home...

I didn't get on my computer untill the end of the week because I knew updating my blog and answering e-mail would mean "back to work" straight away.
I didn't even feel like scrapping although I had my vacation pictures printed in my mailbox already on wednesday.
I tried a little scrapping in the weekend but I just couldn't get started, just sat there staring at my pics and paper.

I finally got a LO done last night, ironical enough about our last vacation day. When we got to the beach that afternoon for the last time, walking through the water, soaking up that wonderful view I felt really sad we had to say goodbey. Looking at these pictures I think my son felt the same way.


Ah well.... I guess before we know it we'll be used to being in a hurry and busy, busy, busy again, even though we try to be a little more relaxed.

And meanwhile we'll make plans for next year already :)

In the next couple of days I'll try to catch up with all your blogs, wich wlll take some time regarding to my bloglines, but it will be fun to read what you've been doing in the last couple of weeks!

Hope you all had a great vacation too!!

Birgit

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger jana said...

so nice you´re back and that you´ve had a great vacation! your layout is so beautiful! i can´t wait to see more!!!

6:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to have you back ;0
Enjoy getting back on track slowly and je kunt altijd zeggen "gelukkig hebben we de fotos nog ":P
hugs,Monique

8:03 AM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

good to see you posting again. there was a hole in my bloglines for a couple of weeks!! ;)
if you can: take it easy!! i love the italian way of life soo much too and totally understand your feelings!!
yes, and your layout captured this!! great!!

8:18 AM

 
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

so good to have you back! I was already wondering!!! Lovely layout!

9:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Good to read you had such a beautiful time there! And it is also good to be able to see your work again, which i have truly missed!! I ADORE this layout and the transparant feel to it.

10:54 AM

 
Blogger rev said...

hi sweets, missed ya! and one of my friends went to italy as well... and didn't want to come back either. life there is so relaxed. why can't we have that here?? just relax and take it easy. maybe we should start with it? :)
your layout is beautiful! love the hambly, the colors, how you arranged the pics, so so beautiful!

xoxo
o, and don't take the trouble to get to my old posts girl, but just watch the little video with Ruben :) he's such a cutie :)

11:02 AM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

I was wondering why it was so quiet :) can't blame you tho. Hope to catch up with you soon !

11:19 AM

 
Blogger Essie said...

Hi, great to see you back in blog-land. I've been back for almost a month and started scrapping again. Just check out my newest creations. And Friday I will start a really great RAK. Love, es

12:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!!! yes Italy is lovely and relaxed but I'm always glad to be back in my own home....must have moved to many times during my youth!!

Love your layout. the colors are simply stunning!!!

12:54 PM

 
Blogger ~Nancy~ said...

Welcome back girlie!! So good to see you back blogging! We've definitely missed you!!! XOXO

1:19 PM

 
Blogger Tessa Tegendraads said...

Hmmmmmm heerlijke Lo, zo kan je nog even goed wegdromen naar de vakantie!! Mooi hoor! XX Tessa

2:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zag jullie zaterdagavond nog lopen in winsum, ik zag je man het eerst, we keken elkaar nog even aan en toen zag ik de rest van de familie.
het was voor de pub!
fijn dat de vakantie leuk was!

gr Tineke

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Brigitta said...

good to see you back Birgit!!! I can imagine how you must have felt, leaving Italy. My ulitmate dream is to move there (I'll just keep on dreaming LOL)
see you soon

12:05 AM

 
Blogger Janine Langer said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had such a great vacation! :)

And I love the layout, it's so dreamy and beautiful!

12:32 AM

 
Blogger Nicole said...

I missed you and your work and beautiful pictures...
So I'm glad you back with a beautiful LO...

gr Nicole

1:19 AM

 
Blogger Familie Kubben said...

so good to see you back! Can imagine that you had problems getting back to the daily routine after such a great holiday in italy!! lots of love, Judith

4:26 AM

 
Blogger sollie said...

Ik ben ook juist terug van een weekje Turkije. Ik heb ook geen zin om aan de dagelijkse routine te beginnen, maar we kunnen niet anders hé. Ik moet weer beginnen met lesgeven om maandag 3 september. Nog eventjes vakantie dus.
groetjes Isolde

10:11 AM

 
Blogger Ingrid said...

It is so good to have you back. Glad to hear you and your family had a wonderful time in Italy. Your layout is gorgeous.

11:34 AM

 
Blogger Lilian Schneider said...

Welcome back Birgit. Love your layout!

3:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your LO and looks like you've had a great time!!! XOXO

12:03 PM

 
Blogger Natasja said...

Zo krijg ik zin WEER op vakantie te gaan !

9:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home