Thursday, January 18, 2007

We have a visitor...

a guest who is staying for the weekend. His name is Flip and he's a teddy bear. Flip is a "project" in the Dutch first grades (4-5year olds). One day Flip came to school with a letter from his parents saying that they are working on a crago-boat all over the wolrd and Flip has been with them on the ship until now. But he needs to go to school now and they ask if the kids could take care of him while his parents are working.
During the week Flip stays at school - I guess the kids think their missy is staying and sleeping at school too :) - but in the weekends one of the kids has to look after him.
When Marlijn came home from school for lunch she had Flip thightly in her arms and she was smiling from ear to ear :)
I asked her if they could volunteer for the "job" or if their teacher had picked someone to take Flip but she said: "Noooo! We all had to close our eyes, and when we opened them Flip had drawn this picture of a girl wearing glasses! and that is ME!!!"
This afternoon her teachter told me that when she showed Marlijn the picture her eyes went big and then her whole face turned into one big smile, she's sooo excited about it!

Flip brought a big box with his clothes, from a swimsuit and diapers to shoes, mittens and pyjama's. He also brought a little backpack with his toothbrush and a diary. We're suposed to take pictures and keep a diary this weekend. It's so fun to read what Flip has done so far with the other kids. He's been swimming and sailing, he's been on a boat to Schiermonnikoog and has been riding a bike and a horse. He's been eating icecream and spaggethi and decorating christmas trees and he slept in many, many little childrens beds...




This weekend it's Marlijns turn and I think she gonna take this very serious, she started this afternoon by teaching him how to use the computer *LOL*
I'm sure you'll here more about our little guest in the coming days!

Bed time ritual took a little longer than normally tonight, therefore my late post :)

So and now the words for today! I guess there should be some people coming near now??
I can honestly say I have no idea. I didn't read your lists, don't want to be prejudiced (?)!
So please let me know, how many words do you have so far????

Here they are:

2Peas, overlay, camera, stickers

That's it for today!
I'll be back tomorrow! :)

Birgit

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm halfway.....so 5 to go LOL :)

11:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine that Marlijn is happy to have Flip around this weekend. A couple of years ago we had the "logeerbeer" at our place. The boys had a good time then. Btw your lo's you showed us yesterday are gorgeous. For me already 7 words right. Have a nice evening.

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Familie Kubben said...

hi birgit, the pictures of your daughter are great!
For me still 6 words...

11:43 AM

 
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

Ok - today I got 2. I soooo love this photos with Flip!

11:50 AM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

seven to go!! for me the never ending story :))
but love the bear-story. too cute!!

11:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow....you have a great visitor!!
What a great excitement for the kids in school,very fun project!!
Bet you make cool scrap-pages out of it!
Ok...7 words for me now, only 3 to go!Wish you all lofts of fun with Flip!!

11:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm halfway, so still 5 to go, love the Flip story, Megan has a doggie in her class named Takkie he sometimes stays with us to with his dairy lol

12:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niks vandaag,'k zit nog steeds op 5 woorden...Morgen 4 voor mij misschien???:)
Leuk zo'n logeerbeer.Wij zijn dat nog steeds eens van plan... (Ik sta voor de klas twee dagen.) Het is zo'n leuke leeftijd, de kleuters!
Groetjes Boukje.

1:19 PM

 
Blogger bonnette said...

Please Marlijn, if you take Flip outside hold on to him tight because of the wind.....

1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh what a cute thing the school does! Such sweet pics!

3:24 PM

 
Blogger Brigitta said...

what a great idea, I'm sure Flip will get a lot of love and attention from Marlijn!!!
Two words for me today, so 5 more to go!!!

11:10 PM

 
Blogger R said...

How cute to see Marlijn with Flip!!!

Have a nice weekend with Flip!

7:09 AM

 
Blogger saffiertje said...

Great to have Flip at home...
Great theme to scrap...
We had Pompom to stay over at our house last year...Will put the Lo on my blogg.
Of course had to scrap it!!!!

11:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home