Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Isn't inspiration a strange thing...

... every now and then I plan on scrapping a whole evening just for fun, just for me. Make sure I won't get distracted, kids in bed, husband in front of the t.v. or working, what could go wrong?
And guess what? More then once I found myself sitting at my table staring at my papers and pictures and goodies like I've never seen something like that before and with no clue what to use them for *LOL* I have all the right circumstances and less then NO inspiration, aaarrrggghhhh!
On other evenings I don't really plan to do any scrapping at all. Like yesterday. I was just going through the boxes Kars has send me for the demonstration in february. Just looking what was there and how I might wanna use it... And guess what? Before I knew it I had two LO's ready and much more in my head. I was really sorry to see that it had gone so late already and it was really time to go to bed. Getting up in the moring is difficult enough as it is already, going to bed too late makes it even worse. Bad thing is, when I go to bed in the middle of a scrapping mood, I can't sleep. So it took a long long time for me to actually fall asleep. Maybe next time I just stay up and scrap??? And maybe just go to bed on evenings I actually planned to scrap, haha.

So here's the result of my "not-planned-to-scrap" evening :)





Almost everything is from K&Co. except for the flower and brads by MM, oh and the brackets, they're from BG but covered with K&Co. paper.

Oh, and let's not forget the words :):

cardstock, minibook, design team, memories

Hope you all have a little more luck then the past few days :)

I'm off to crop now,
See you tomorrow!

Birgit

20 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

wauw, dat is zo herkenbaar!! ik heb dat ook, en dan te denken dat mijn scraptafel in mijn SLAAPKAMER staat!!!
enne, geen geluk wat de woorden betreft, niks niks niks... zal aan m'n neus voorbijgaan die rak!

10:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly should stay up and scrap if you can't sleep anyway, look what you made....love your layouts!! Really love the colors on the white background!!
Got one word again, makes six, so if you pick the right words tomorrow, I will have BINGO!!!!!!
Gr Jeanet

11:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing right this evening, not scrapping either, so no M&M's!!

love your pics and lay outs!! so inspirationable (is that a word?!) those glasses!!! wauw...

11:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

voor mij één woord erbij, dus dat wordt sowieso geen bingo morgen...
Mooie layouts!,mooie kleuren bij die zonnebril (prachtige foto!) En die groene steekjes, is dat een stempel of genaaid op de machine?
Een prettige avond iedereen,
groetjes Boukje.

11:22 AM

 
Blogger N. said...

ok, now i got 4 words, go on! :-)

You did beautiful layouts! I really do love the bright colors on white background. I wish I would have some of your inspirational flow *sigh*

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Christiane said...

three left, seven to go!! i'll never win BINGO. it's not my game.
for me it's easy to scrap by night: behind my desk there is my bed ;)
your layouts are gorgeous. love the colors and all that white space.

11:28 AM

 
Blogger Helfy said...

Your Lo are amazing!Fantastic!Words are not sufficient!
Still five words to go!love the colors!

11:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

;-))) Birgit, ik herken PRECIES wat je zegt!!! Al die geweldig gave embellies die daar mooi liggen te wezen, vooral nog in de verpakking, prachtig papier en dan... een wazige wolk in het hoofd. En ik heb laatst een nacht wakker gelegen van een superidee voor een miniboekje...
Je layouts zijn prachtig!

12:00 PM

 
Blogger Familie Kubben said...

Wow, these LO's are beautiful!!
Especially the colors and pics!
The story about not being able to sleep after scrapping, that goes for me to! Last night I was still reading blogs in bed :))
I got one word again, that makes six in total. So tomorrow I have a slight change on bingo :0
Mostly I'm not that lucky :(
Thanks for your comment on my blog, that makes my day See u!

12:39 PM

 
Blogger Nathalie Kalbach said...

Lovely layouts. Again now words - still 8 to go!

1:54 PM

 
Blogger Brigitta said...

oh jippy, 1 word this time, that makes 3 so far haha

2:06 PM

 
Blogger D@nielle said...

ooooh I wish I could see that, see I spend more time on lots of admin than working on the ideas in my head. I am working on a little journal to put all my ideas in so I won't forget ... now to have the time to work on it.
Love the lo's you did, you should have stayed up haha

2:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nou ik zei dat ik geen woord goed had vanavond tegen je maar toch wel 2 dus wie weetxxxlizette

2:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly gorgeous layouts! I know what you mean about not sleeping when you have scrapping in your head, I'm just the same!

3:02 PM

 
Blogger A Cupcake Life said...

I totally know what you mean Birgit. Happens to me all the time, except you seem to get more scrappin done than me. Love the latest LOs!

10:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we all have the same disease, not sleeping when you have scrapping ideas. I also scrap at night, DH behind the TV, son in bed. Sometimes I just want to finish things and it's getting later and later. And in the morning mwoeh, tired.
Bingo is also not my lucky game, 1 more word 6 to go...

12:09 AM

 
Blogger Miranda said...

Your lo's are gorgeus! And i know what you mean. Happens to me sometimes too.

One word, totally two.....

1:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the LO's you've made :-) That picture with the sunglasses and the pink hat is too cute!!!!

5:34 AM

 
Blogger R said...

I love your layouts Birgit!!!
Creativity can't be managed ;)

7:06 AM

 
Blogger Nellie Hulsman-Lodders said...

Wat een ongelooflijk mooie layouts heb je gemaakt! Werkelijk stijlvol. Echt schitterend!
Gr Nellie

10:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home