Saturday, December 17, 2005

I got flowers!

No, dear husband didn't take the hint in my blog... The flowers came from a very unexpected side!
Yesterday late in the afternoon the doorbell rang, I wasn't expecting anybody but there was Anita standing on my doorstep with a bunch of flowers. She said: "I was just passing by, I have an appointment in the neigbourhood. I know you where a little disappointed that you didn't winn in the Junkitz International Contest, so I brought you some flowers in the colors of your LO to cheer you up!" What a sweet surprise!!! It's true, I was a bit dissapointed, just for a moment... but I had fun joining the contest and I have a LO I really like myself and as Anita said it: ...Junkitz lost out, not me :) Thanks for the lovely flowers Anita, when I look at them they bring a smile to my face!

My unwanted Junkitz LO (journaling is my blog entry of november 17th. isn't she lovely, isn't she beautiful?):
My Nephew Daan is celebrating his 6th. birthday today! Happy birthday Daan!!!

This morning I made some Christmas "cards". I made a little card using a picture I made of my decorations this week and added some text. Then I hung it on a christmas ball together with a piece of ribbon. I thought I'd do something different then a "normal" card this year, but only for those I see IRL before Christmas. All the others will have to do with "just" a card I'm afraid :)




And for all of you that don't get a card from me at all:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a sweetie!!!

What a great friend! Really beautiful flowers. AND you totally deserve them. :o)

AWESOME Christmas cards!!

Smiles,
Wendy

8:26 AM

 
Blogger Liz said...

wow, your hand made ornaments and cards are gorgeous!! I love the lo and i love the photo of your dd with the xmas lights. tfs!

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Gwyn Calvetti said...

What a wonderful pick-me-up from your friend.

Both your layout and your cards are truly lovely. Merry Christmas to you!

11:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is just heartwarming, Birgit! I'm certain that Anita's flowers said much about the fact that you are just as special a friend as she is! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Sophia

3:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great friend you have, you are very lucky (at least in my experience, good friends are hard to find).

4:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home